History of the farm

Hello and welcome to the Nags Head Farm Blog!

Built circa 1800,  Nags Head Farm began life as a public house under the name of 'The Nags Head'.  In 1883 the pub closed and the building and surrounding land was converted in to a working farm.  


During the mid-1990's the farm was sold and became a domestic dwelling with the old cow shed or 'shippon', as its more commonly known locally, finding use as a set of holiday cottages.  

In 2014, after years of searching, Nags Head Farm became ours and our dream of owning a smallholding was realised.



No comments:

Post a Comment